Monday 28 February 2011

New Direction

I know things have been all quiet on the Small Tales front for a couple of months but I’ve been formulating plans for world domination. Okay, so the plans have been more specifically about how to make this blog more than just a monthly offering of general articles, piss takes and rants than taking over the world but you’ve got to start somewhere, eh? So as well as the usual nonsense, I’ll be posting reviews or articles on two of the things I love: books and films.


You may or may not already know that I write about films for a website called Taco Cart Productions. Taco Cart is an independent film making crew based in Seattle USA that I’m associated with who currently make ‘beer budget’ short films and have had some success at indie film festivals over the last few years. Check out our site because Taco Cart’s Debut short, Girl Trouble can be seen on the Taco Cart site HERE in full and you may recognise the voice of the radio broadcaster heard during the film and the end credits. Also keep an eye out for Taco Cart’s second offering, the excellent Vampire Hunter Hank.

Any reviews or articles I post on Taco Cart will be posted here on Small Tales as well with a link to the Taco Cart site so you can check out my fellow Taco Heads, Jerry and Don Chile’s contributions, which are excellent.

Finally I can bring you news of a new exciting project I’m going to embark on very soon. Inspired by my friend’s fantastic website in Seattle, aptly named Seattle Rock Guy, which I occasionally contribute to, I’m going to start a music blog for all things loud and filthy here in Brighton called appropriately, Brighton: Loud & Filthy. But where Seattle Rock Guy obviously focuses its attention on rock and metal, I’ll be covering both guitar driven and electronic music as I love both - and a lot of stuff in between.

The main thing is to get more interesting stuff to read here rather than just an occasional article and to try to establish the music blog to keep you in the know about what’s happening in Brighton.
I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment